The Chamber is hiring a Director of Investor Relations - Apply Today!
Culver City Chamber of Commerce
Director of Investor Relations
Director of Investor Relations
ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CHAMBER are part of an important team, and each member of the team works together toward common goals.
THE DIRECTOR OF INVESTOR RELATIONS is supervised by the President/CEO and works in cooperation with the Chamber staff.
SCOPE: To be responsible for the sales and retention of Chamber memberships. Will actively market the benefits, services, and programs of the Chamber to members and potential members. Responsible for member orientations and development of materials, presentations, groundbreakings, grand openings, and ribbon cuttings, partners with Office & Communications Coordinator to write monthly articles to recognize volunteers and members and relating to membership benefits, and provides photos for membership related happenings. Plans and implements routine and special events that bring revenue to the Chamber while promoting networking and relationship building; leads Ambassador committee & Board in pursuit of membership growth and retention.
PURPOSE: To support the organization and Chamber projects related to membership and event activities; to represent the organization with outstanding customer service and professionalism.
LOCATION: Works from the Chamber office, in the field (in the process of membership sales and retention and special events), at networking and special events, and remotely, as assigned by the President/CEO.
SALARY RANGE: Total compensation is based on experience and is a combination of a salary, commission, and bonus structure. The Director of Investor Relations may also earn commission on new member sales, upgrades in investment levels, renewals, and the sales of new and renewal ads in our annual publication – Culver City The Guide. Eligible for a bonus when special events, new membership, and/or total membership exceed net income projections – as determined by the President/CEO.
DUTIES: Every effort has been made to keep this position description as complete as possible. However, it does not state or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position. Subject to change with or without notice whenever deemed appropriate at the Chamber’s discretion. Need to be a self-starter and be self-motivated to accomplish job responsibilities and assigned tasks. In addition, one must be ready, willing, and able to perform responsibilities.
- Identify and acquire new membership investments from non-member businesses
- Retain existing members through the renewal of membership investments
- Retain delayed renewals that are 30 or more days past due
- Organize membership campaigns to reach the greatest potential of prospective members
- Organize & provide Chamber representation for all membership sales efforts (typical working activities are focused on making personal and telephone sales calls, setting appointments with prospective and current members, and representing the Chamber at membership events)
- Present a willingness and ability to complete ongoing training, both personal and professional, as it relates to elevating your capacity in the role
- Submit articles that would be of interest to Chamber members for the monthly staff newsletter and other Chamber publications
- Maintain accurate records in the membership database
- Remain informed about membership trends, specifically as they may vary from industry to industry
- Sell advertising for Chamber’s Annual Publication (Culver City TheGuide), newsletter, website, and other publications as requested and available
- Lead Chamber networking programming and serve as the face of those events
- Lead special events as assigned by the President/CEO
- Assist with hosting & admissions for events, also with preparation, setup, and breakdown of said events
- Submit proposals for value-added member benefits
- Attend weekly staff meetings & provide feedback
- Understand and comply with all Chamber policies & procedures
- Must be knowledgeable of all Chamber programs and activities
Friday 8 am to 5 pm; occasional nights and weekends for events &
QUALIFICATIONS: A successful candidate will have a majority of the following
characteristics, which does not represent an exhaustive list of potential skills
- 5+ years of sales experience, preferably in a membership format
- Prior customer service or client management experience
- College degree is preferred, but not required
- Ability to effectively communicate value and benefits to external stakeholders
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with different business sectors, sizes, and regions
- Proven follow-through with a history of strong record-keeping in a CRM
- Achieve daily, weekly, and monthly member recruitment and renewal goals
- Consistently generate and manage a pipeline of leads through to appointments and membership based on sector targets
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to ensure the ability to attend in-person meetings
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Workplace, Adobe, and CRM software
- Currently, due to COVID-19, hybrid work is the norm, with occasional in-person meetings or work as permitted by COVID-19 safety protocols
- Culver City Chamber staff are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and must follow all federal, state, and local COVID-19 safety requirements.
Deadline to apply: Friday, September 24